Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Find Yourself in Books

What am I reading now?  The Winter Sea (Susanna Kearsley)

Annnd . . . what do I think so far?  Lyrical writing, intriguing story lines, great romances! I loved this book and I think I've found another author I can read ALL HER BOOKS. It's like striking a vein of gold on Amazon. 

Plus, I'm kind of on a Scotland kick, so this book gets bonus points for that!

BLURB:
In the spring of 1708, an invading Jacobite fleet of French and Scottish soldiers nearly succeeded in landing the exiled James Stewart in Scotland to reclaim his crown.

Now, Carrie McClelland hopes to turn that story into her next bestselling novel. Settling herself in the shadow of Slains Castle, she creates a heroine named for one of her own ancestors and starts to write.

But when she discovers her novel is more fact than fiction, Carrie wonders if she might be dealing with ancestral memory, making her the only living person who knows the truth-the ultimate betrayal-that happened all those years ago, and that knowledge comes very close to destroying her.


This quote fits this book so well,  I couldn't pass up the chance to post it here. I hope it makes you curious enough to read the book. Yes, this is a shameless pitch for you to click over to Amazon and get the book--but since I'm not the author, and I don't make anything off it, you can trust me that it's amazing.


No comments: