Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Christmas Crack Recipe

What am I reading now?  Flirting with Fortune (Erin Knighley)

Annnd . . . what do I think so far?  Can I just say I LOVE all the books by this author! I only have one more (so sad), and I haven't had even one disappointment. The covers are sometimes a little racy but the stories aren't. There is great sexual tension but no scenes that have to be skipped. (I know it's petty, but I hate having to skip scenes--it's like I paid for something I don't get.)

Here's a teaser...
Sir Colin Tate has never imagined marrying for money. But debts left by his artist father have put his siblings’ futures in danger. To wed an eligible heiress, this independent-minded Scot must play by restrictive rules—until an irresistible lady dares to pursue her passion for art…and him.

Christmas Crack Recipe
Crack--As in this is a highly addictive substance
There's really no reason to wait for Christmas either

9 ounces of Puff Corn (This is not Corn Puffs. It actually looks kind of like packaging peanuts)
2 cubes butter (1/2 cup)
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2/3 cup Karo light corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Cook butter, syrup and sugar on medium until melted. Add soda (This will make it foamy.)
Pour over Puff Corn and mix to coat. 
Spread onto a cookie sheet and place in over for 45 minutes.
Dump onto wax paper or a stone countertop and break apart to cool.

No comments: