Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Caramel and Autumn

What am I reading now?  Isla and the Happily Ever After (Stephanie Perkins)

Annnd . . . what do I think so far?  As with the first two companion books, I loved the setting! I love hearing about places in Paris (the first book and this one) and about San Francisco (second book). This author makes you fall in love with her characters and you feel for them as you would for your own friends.

Double Caramel Treats for Fall

First make soft caramel--it's easy!
This is a double batch.

10 Tablespoons butter
2 cups brown sugar
4 Tablespoons light corn syrup
4 cans sweetened condensed milk

Heat on medium, stirring constantly until it reaches soft ball stage. Pour half the caramel over popcorn to make balls.

My granddaughter is more honest.
They're not popcorn balls--they're caramel balls!

Pour the rest in a serving dish and scoop with apples--Caramel Apples without the stick!


No comments: