Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The End...

What am I reading now?  The Healer (CJ Anaya)
Annnd . . . what do I think so far?  The main character is Hope. Angie is the best friend--I love Angie! What a great BFF! This paranormal, action, mythological, twisty story is full of heart and voice--you'll love it. My favorite line: "Wow," Angie said. "I feel like I'm watching an episode of Jerry Springer."

Here's the official Blurb

Seventeen-year-old Hope longs for a normal teenage life, but with a gift like hers, normal equals healing illnesses and injuries instantly. Keeping a secret like that isn’t easy, especially when two handsome, young men move into town and begin unearthing other secrets concerning Hope’s future and past, revealing to Hope that her gift may be the fulfillment of a prophecy gone wrong.

Ah-Hah Moment
Hanging out with my family tonight, I had one of those Ah-Hah moments, an analogy that completely changes your perspective. Here it is...
June is perfect! All you need is more chocolate and crackers. Bring it on!

July gets a little hotter and busier--but still good.
August is the wake up call that all the late nights and sleeping-in mornings will soon be coming to and end. Live it up while you can.
Then school starts...
And summer fun is over.

Don't get me wrong--I love the fall, and I'm looking forward to another school year (!), but it's always sad to see the summer end.

1 comment:

Laura D. Bastian said...

love the marshmallow summer analogy. I'm sad to see summer end just a little, but I'm more excited to get kids back to school and a set schedule so I can feel more productive.