Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Nunes on Romance

What am I reading now?  My Last Kiss (Bethany Neal)

Annnd . . .what do I think so far?  
I have to start off by saying that I don't read a lot of murder mysteries. I like books with humor and farce much more. However, this book held my attention, and I read it every chance I could. The story is told from the point of view of the dead girl, Cassi, who is trying to find how how she died. It's an engaging story, full of confusing (in a good way) twists that left me guessing at who would finally be the one.


Rachel Ann Nunes' 
6 Steps to Unforgettable Romance

1. Characters who have goals, and whose actions are justified by motivation 
2. The plot is relatable to the reader
3. Emotional reactions between characters create tension
4. Intimacy feels real and earned
5. Reader satisfaction
6. Beta-readers to give feedback on reader's response

No comments: