Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Cover Design


What am I reading now? Several Books by Erin Knightley
Annnd. . . what do I think so far? Sometimes I wonder about books by just looking at the cover picture. It's fairly common that the more skin showing on the cover, the more racey the story will be. When you look at the pictures for these books, notice that none of the women are in an intimate embrace with a bare-chested man. Good chance you'll get to read the whole book without skipping large chunks.
     I read these books this last week and immediately went back to see what else is available from this author. I enjoy fall-in-love stories and none of these disappointed me. That's rare. I can't even say which one I like best--you'll have to read them and let me know what you think.

Cover Design
This past week, I attended Indie Author Hub's conference. One of the classes was about designing covers and shared some great points for Deanna and I to consider as we decide on covers for our books coming out soon. Here are some of the points to think about:
•  Is the image relevant to the story?
•  Does the image match your target audience?
•  Does the image identify a likely genre?
•  Is the title (and other text) readable?
•  Do the colors pop?
•  Is the thumbnail picture still recognizable?
•  Is the picture a high enough resolution to be clear?

Our books will be available in August! Look for a reveal of our covers soon.

3 comments:

Jordan McCollum said...

Oh boy, oh boy!!

AM Woods: alisonmillerwoods.com said...

I wanted to go to that class! Thank you for sharing the key points.

Donna K. Weaver said...

Can't wait! And let me know what I can do to help!