Wednesday, May 14, 2014

First WonHundred Word Wednesday

What am I reading now? The One (Kiera Cass)
Annnd . . . what do I think so far?  I was so worried that this author would end the book in a way that left me disappointed. This is the third and last in the series that also had two novellas with it. I loved the first and second books. I enjoyed "The Prince" but "The Guard" is the one that made me worry a little about the ending of this last book. Still I bought it the day it came out and devoured it, held my breath at the end, and ended out really liking the conclusion. Hope you do too!

The Selection changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. And now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen. America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.


WonHundred Word Wednesday
Here's my 100 word story--enjoy!



The box in the attic wasn’t mine. It belonged to my grandmother, Gabriella, and she was dead. After the funeral, mom had the movers bring everything to our house. They trailed in like a line of elephants, trudging up the stairs. From a box, I pulled out a black silk dress, the neck lined with seed pearls. Beneath the dress was an old photo of a tall blond man embracing a young version of my grandmother wearing that dress. Below the photo was a letter, condolences of his death in Normandy. Below the letter were two gold rings. We never knew.

Visit my friend's blogs to see their stories too.
Wendy Knight, Author : www.wendyknightauthor.blogspot.com
Kelly Martin, Author: www.kellymartinbooks.blogspot.com
Alison Woods (Peering Into. . .): http://alisonmillerwoods.wordpress.com/
Jessica Winn, The Distracted Writer:http://thedistractedwriter.com/
Stephanie Worlton's Kreating Krazy blog: http://stephanieworlton.blogspot.com/
Lindzee Armstrong/Lydia Winters http://lindzeearmstrong.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Leah said...

OOO! Love that. :) Grandma's secret.

The Hot Girl in the Comic Shop said...

Was not expecting that ending! Love it. Very sad. And intrigued by Grandma's secrets. Awesome!

Laura D. Bastian said...

so sweet.

Lindzee said...

Powerful emotion for a short piece.

Lindzee said...

Powerful emotion for a short piece.

AM Woods: alisonmillerwoods.com said...

I totally got chills at that last line. Loved it!

Jessica Winn said...

Chills for sure! I liked the twist. Beautifully written. :)