Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Fault in our Stars

What am I reading now?  
The Fault in Our Stars (John Green)

Annd. . . what do I think so far?  Have tissues--plenty of tissues! Like for the last 120 pages. I don't really read YA contemporary fiction very often. I prefer my fiction a little thicker than something that could happen in the real world to real people. Give me magic, monsters, or mad scientists, and I'm happy to sit around all day reading. But, I knew this one was coming out as a movie, and I wanted to read it before seeing it.

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

To see other work using this prompt go to:

1 comment:

Ginny-Gin-Gin said...

I just finished reading that book! It was my Memorial Day beach read and I cried salty tears!

I like the word cloud! The skull is cool.