Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Companion Novels

What am I reading now? The Stranger She Married (Donna Hatch)

Annd . . . what do I think so far?  What do a man crippled in the war, a pirate and a man who is practically perfect have in common?
They're brothers.

This is the first in a three-book companion series--three books so far, but I hope there will be more. The books follow the love stories of brothers in early Victorian England. There is another brother that isn't married yet and a sister who might have a wonderful story potential. Here are the covers of the 2nd and 3rd books.

Companion Novels
I read a lot of books and most of them are a series. Since I read right as they come out, there is often a year lag between installments of the story. The advantage companion novels have over a regular series is that they are fully formed stories with intriguing beginnings and satisfying endings. No cliff-hangers!

No comments: