Monday, October 7, 2013

Private Editor

What am I reading now?  Just Ella (Annette K. Larsen)
Annnd . . . what do I think so far?  Just Ella is a clean YA romance novel that I recommend as a great book to shelve in your home or your classroom library. 

The Princess is a delightful character, who I could love and admire from the first scene of the book. I like that although she has a difficult decisions and some high penalties for breaking the rules of her station, she continues to struggle to follow her heart in her friendship and love with Gavin, a gardner. Here's a snippet:

"I watched in helpless horror as two guards hauled Gavin to his feet and dragged him from the room. My voice was frozen, unable to protest as another guard took hold of my arm, leading me upstairs. From the confines of my room, I stared into the darkness beyond my window, hoping to catch one more glimpse of Gavin. He was gone, and I wondered if he would have been better off if he had never met me."

Working with an Editor

Deanna and I have started working with Kat Brendel, a private editor and love the experience of working with her, as well as the feedback we are receiving on our story. If you are looking for this next step in your quest for publication, check out her website:


She's just opened to accepting new clients and has a great party on her site with some fun prizes!


1. Partial Edit: I will be giving away a partial edit of your first 7,500 words. This is the usual amount agents/publishers ask for so this edit will ensure the pages they first see hook them. If you are planning to self-publish, ensuring your first pages entice readers to buy the book is essential! For more detail as to what a partial edit entails, see the description on my Services page.

2. Sub/Pub package: I will be giving away a submission or a publication package, depending on if you plan to traditionally or self-publish. For a more detailed description of what this package entails, see my Services page.

3. 25% off coupon: The name says it all! Valid for one year from the end of the contest, you will receive 25% off the service of your choosing.

No comments: