Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Happy Halloween & Birthday!

What am I reading now? The Chaos of Stars (Kiersten White)
Annnd . . . what do I think so far?  Isadora is 17 and thinks her family is messed up--don't all teens think that at one time or another? But Isadora is right. Her aunt seduced her dad, her mom married (in name only) her brother. Her dad was murdered and her mother brought him back to life.
     Oh, they're Egyptian gods. That should explain it.
     Isadora isn't a god and has to deal with not being immortal and eventually losing her life and family while they all dysfunctionally continue their chaotic lives throughout eternity.
     Win this book (it's really a $15 Amazon US gift card)! Leave a comment about birthdays or Halloween, and your email address so I can let you know if you've won.


On October 30th in 2010 was my first blog post! Happy third birthday to my journey to learn about writing. I've learned so much and I hope I've share a little to help someone else in their journey too.






And a Happy Halloween to all of you. This is one of my favorite holidays of the year--when all things fiction are celebrated! Here's a preview of our family's costumes this year...

6 comments:

J. A. Bennett said...

Cute Halloween pictures! Happy blog birthday! And that book looks awesome! So much fun :)

Renae Weight Mackley said...

Happy birthday! Yes, your blog has given me several tips I've loved and reviews of books to check out. Thanks for being here. Cute costumes.
renaemackleyATgmailDOTcom

Donna K. Weaver said...

Happy blog birthday. Love the pictures!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Sorry. Hit return too soon. Birthday are something we can't wait for when we're young and tend to dread when we're older. It took forever to get here when I was 5 but came way to fast when I was 50. And it's not getting any better. lol

Cindy Hogan said...

Happy B-day. So fun. Halloween is the best. I was El Macho from Despicable Me 2 this year. So fun.

Canda said...

Donna, you win the gift card--congrats!