Annnd . . . what do I think so far? Techie Audrey McCarthy used to be popular. She used to be part of a normal happy family with a dad that was still alive. And she used to have a future. She used to be best friends with Blake Dawkins, who still has all of those things and more--popular, beautiful, rich.
Audrey's only dream left is that she might escape her current life, after high school, if she gets a scholarship for college. When Public Corporation advertises a contest for the best app created by a high school student to win a scholarship of $200,000, Audrey starts designing--she needs that money!
(Oh BTW, that 's the company that Blake's dad owns that makes her rich enough to "own" everyone around her.)
But Audrey has an idea, a brilliant idea, and thanks to her dad who taught her his genius programming skills, she has a great shot at winning. The app she develops brings unlikely couples together with just the touch the screen. And where there's passion, scandal isn't far behind!
Anatomy of a Scene1) When and where does this part of the story take place?
2) What are the characters doing?
3) What conflict arises out of the diverse motives and desires of characters in the scene?
4) What emotional changes are the characters experiencing because of the conflict presented?
5) What is the goal of each character for the outcome of the scene?
6) How is the crisis the protagonists is facing getting worse?
7) What in this scene relates to the overall story message and theme the book is presenting?
8) How does this scene transition to the next based on character reflection or regrouping?