Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Author Interview: Cindy Hogan


My First Ever Author Interview on my Blog! 
Cindy M. Hogan is the author of the Watched Series.

Welcome, Cindy!
What is quirky about your writing style or habits? 
Oh, crud, here it comes. I can't seem to write without eating or drinking something at the same time. Case in point? I'm drinking hot chocolate right now. I just finished some Chinese. I'll probably hit the popcorn next. #terrible habits

Which of your characters have characteristics most like you? How? 
Maybe, Rick. He's so open and optimistic. I have a hard time seeing potential problems through my rose-colored glasses and when they happen, I'm all bent out of shape. I might still look like sunshine, but inside, I'm fuming-at myself, of course.

What suggestions can you make to help me become a better writer?
1. Go to writers' conferences
2. Get a reliable and fun critique group
3. Read some how to books like Save the Cat by Blake Snyder  and Scene and Structure by Bickman and slowly incorporate what you learn

Tell us about your series.
In a simplistic nutshell, it is about a girl's discovery of her kick-butt self. Sprinkle in some hot guys throughout the series, of course. In a bit more detail...
Watched:
It takes more than a school trip to Washington, DC to change Christy’s life. It takes murder.
A witness to the brutal slaying of a senator’s aide, Christy finds herself watched not only by the killers and the FBI, but also by two hot guys.
She discovers that if she can’t help the FBI, who want to protect her, it will cost her and her new friends their lives.


Protected:

She has the guy. The terrorists have been taken care of and she has a shot at becoming popular.
Life is great!
Until they find her.
Now she must run and leave behind everything she knows, including herself.
Created:
With The Witness Protection Program failing to keep Christy safe, she is sent to Belgium to hide in a spy school. While there, test scores reveal her true abilities and the director wants her to become a spy. Once the terrorists back home are all caught, and the danger gone, she is forced to make the decision to either go home and live a normal teen life or use her gifts and become a spy.

1 comment:

kbrebes said...

Love Cindy and her books. Great interview. Wish it were longer!!!