Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hello Summer!

What am I reading now?  Tempest Unleashed (Tracy Deebs)

Annnd . . . what do I think so far? This is a fun series! This is the second book in the Tempest series and it comes out TODAY-- June 5, 2012. So if you haven't read the first book, get it, read it and buy the second. You'll thank me later!

I've enjoyed getting to know Tempest Maguire. At 17, she's had to make some tough choices that she never thought she'd make. She chose to become a mermaid. She chose to live with her mother's clan. She chose Kona over Mark. But when the sea witch, Tiamat, threatens her and her family she has to make another choice of life and death. I was disappointed by the crap she put up with from the Queen, but maybe at 17 she doesn't know how to stand up to that yet. I liked her friend, Mahina. I hope we see more of her in the next book.

I loved the adventure, conflict and struggle Tempest has to combat, and the magic she is learning to control. This book, like the first, is beautiful in the writing and the emotion. The love triangle keeps you guessing, or gasping. Because seriously? That's who she ends up with?  But there's always book #3...

Minty-Strawberry Limeade

In blender:
6 cups strawberries
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves (loose)
1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 10-12 limes)
1/4 cup agave nectar
Blend until smooth.

In punch bowl:
strawberry puree
2-liters diet 7-up
2-liters club soda

Sit in the shade and enjoy the day.

--serves 12

1 comment:

Lynnea (LaLa) said...

Oh, I really want to read this one!