Tuesday, April 10, 2012

think, dream, discover

What am I reading now?  Tempest Rising (Tracy Deebs)

Annnd . . . what do I think so far? How had I not heard about this book? My Goodreads Paranormal YA friends are missing out!

Tempest Maguire swims and surfs like a natural. Everything about the ocean makes sense to her--almost like she can read the waves. That's probably because she's half mermaid. At 17, she must choose if she will embrace her mermaid heritage or stay on land. Everything in her heart says to stay; Dad, brothers, Mark, surfing, college. Life under the ocean has no appeal--until she sprouts a tail and gills. Oh Freak!

Tempest doesn't want anything to do with her mother, or her mother's choice to abandon her family and return to the ocean. Now she has the same choice to make.

I really enjoyed this book. And in case you wondered--Yes, I will be reading the second book. It comes out in June and it will be on this blog June 5th.

Thought for the day:
I've heard there are no new stories and every theme has been explored. Though that may be true, I continue to write. It's probably got a lot to do with the message of this quote. I write to think and to dream and to discover.

I admire authors who can create worlds we want to explore, characters we come to love and situations we live through and overcome.

2 comments:

Donna K. Weaver said...

Another book to add to my list.

Love the quote.

The Damsel in Dis Dress said...

neat review!