Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Strawberry Fool

What am I reading now?  Obsidian (Jennifer L. Armentrout)

Annnd. . . what do I think so far?  Oh. My. Gosh. When is the next one coming out? (Oh, May 15th--I wonder if I can get an advanced copy.)

Both main characters are great. Katy is feisty and intensely loyal. Daemon is (to use Katy's words) a douchebag. And arrogant. And rude. And irritating. And ignorant. And controlling. And overconfident. And insane. And gorgeous. And an amazing kisser. Yeah, she knows she's in trouble when she falls for the most obnoxious guy she's ever met.

I read this book on loan and had to purchase a copy of my own. It's the kind of book I know I'll be rereading.

Strawberry Fuelle (Strawberry Fool) Dessert
This dessert is heavenly--not too sweet, light, fresh, yum. Here's how it looks.

I made 6 for the adults and three smaller ones for the kids from this recipe.

2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 16-ounce container of strawberries (slice them)
6 Tablespoons  sugar
Ground turmeric (weird--i know, but I think this makes all the difference in taste)

Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of sugar on sliced strawberries and set aside.
Whip the cream into stiff peaks and incorporate 4 Tablespoons of sugar.

To Assemble the Parfaits:
Spoon whipped cream into the bottom of the glass.
Sprinkle with tuneric.
Spoon on strawberries.

Repeat for another layer of each.
On top, arrange a few more strawberries and drizzle the juice from the strawberry's bowl on top.

And was it good? Here's how my family voted:
But one is not finished... That's because the baby fell asleep before finishing. Soooo cute!

No comments: