Sunday, January 1, 2012

Networking with Writers

What am I reading now?  The Pledge (Kimberly Dertling)                Annd. . . what do I think so far? The futuristic remnant of America is ruled by a queen (yes, she's evil, EVIL) and the citizens are bound in a caste system, where words can kill you. Charlie must choose: How to protect her family.  Can she be someone other than who she has always been, and someone she has always hidden?

A lot Dystopian and a little Cinderella.

This one has already taken up a residence on my "Favorites" shelf in my bedroom.

Networking with Other Writers
Becoming a writer takes time, patience and a support system of other writers. When Deanna and I first started writing, we didn't know anyone else who was a writer. We simply googled "Utah" and "Writers" and went from there. Since that time, we've become more involved with the writing community in our area and on the internet.
Here are some of the things that have been so valuable to me as I pursue developing this into a talent. I've met great people and have learned more about how to write, and publish in the future.
•Conferences



•Workshops & Classes

•Local Writing Groups
•Online Writing Group











•Online Critique Group (CrittersInk)








•Online Writers' Group
You're welcome to join us.

1 comment:

Cathy Witbeck said...

Isn't it great that there are so many groups out there and so much support. When I first started writing there was the League of Utah Writers and not much else, Utah has really grow in terms of support for writers.