Thursday, December 15, 2011

Short Stories

What am I reading now?   Transcendent 
(by 

Annd . . . what do I think so far? This is a compilation of short stories, all with a paranormal twist. What's better than ghosts and hugging? Blood and romance? Vampires and kissing?
Nothing!
What a fun read. Each story has a little fear and an enticing love interest.
Enjoy!

You may want to visit Wendy Swore's website
( http://wendyswore.blogspot.com ) to sign up for her give aways!


I'm giving away an ebook of Transcendent. 
Leave a comment and your email to be in the drawing.

And you can get this book here:
eBook on Nook: Coming Soon!
5 Tips for Writing Short Stories

1. Pick one point in time for the main character--a tragedy, a life changing experience, a moment of clarity.

2. Start as close to the climax as possible. Hit this hard upfront, in the first paragraph if possible.

3. Include three sets of choices and consequences (No, 3 is not magical, but you have to start somewhere)

4. Order those from bad to worse.

5. Include romance (this is my personal favorite tip for any story)

5 comments:

Wendy Swore said...

Canda, I love your writing tips. I can't wait to see who wins the free copy of Transcendent! Nice post!

Lynnea (LaLa) said...

I love paranormal and kissing! I wouls love to read a bunch of stories!!

Kurt Kammeyer said...

I'm more into long, drawn-out multivolume epics, but I'd like to try my hand at a short story. They're not easy to write. This is good advice for a beginner like me.

Cathy Witbeck said...

Great short story tips. Wasn't this was a fun book to review. What a talented bunch of writers.

Heidi Noel said...

Fun book. hottienoel(at)yahoo(dot)com