Saturday, September 24, 2011

Shrimp Salad Topper



 What am I reading now?
  Loyalty's Web (Joyce DiPastena)

Annd. . . what do I think so far?  Normally I don't read books with words like knave, battlement or breeches in the text, but I really enjoyed this one! There were so many subplots to follow and twists in what I expected that my motivation to read it was effortless. This is full of greed, power grabbing, intrigue, herbs, treason and loyalty. Oh and romance--yay! Of course, it's the whole mix of the above that made it a can't-put-down sort of read.


Shrimp Salad Topper

I know you're drooling right now. I am too. Just one look at the picture is all it takes--Pavlov would be so proud.

This is a delicious salad for a quick meal. Just combine these ingredients and serve over your favorite mix of greens.

1 1/2 pound cooked pealed shrimp
1 stalk chopped celery
1/4 c. onion
3 Tablespoons dried basil (or 1/4 cup chopped fresh)
20 Kalamata olives, halved
1/4 c. mayo
2 Tablespoons white vinegar
3 c. cherry tomatoes (halve them if they're large)

See, here's proof--I don't only do desserts. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Loyaty's Web, and read it several times. I've never heard of a salad topper--love shrimp though. Tina Scott

Donna K. Weaver said...

Another one to add to my list, I guess. =D

Canda said...

The salad topper is used instead of salad dressing, and looky Donna--it's kinda, sorta healthy.

Joyce DiPastena said...

Thanks so much for the review, Canda! Yes, Loyalty's Web is a bit like a salad of plot ingredients all tossed together. No tomatoes, though, because they didn't have them in medieval France. ;-)

Donna K. Weaver said...

Kinda, sorta works!

Maria Hoagland said...

Kinda off topic, sorry, but you won on my September Blog Hop!! email me your address at mariahoagland@gmail.com and I'll get the prize to you.