Monday, July 4, 2011

Focus on the Crunch

What am I reading now?  On the Edge (Iona Andrews)
Annnd. . .  what do I think so far? I'm only a couple of chapters in, and although I don't know what the main character wants yet, I've decided to keep going. Great voice will keep a reader engaged while the world building is going on. It's interesting how the author is describing the relationships between three dimensions (the Edge, the Broken and the Weird) that lay close together.

Regular Bloggy Schedule
The last books from the June blogk party have been mailed out, and we are well into July. Hm, I don't think I can go cold-turkey on the book give away though. I know--I'll give a way a book each month. Fun! Time to set up a regular blog schedule again. Should I blog on dates like the 5th, 10th, 15th...? Or maybe I should blog on special occasions--except that would not be a schedule or regular. Just pick already.

Okay. Tuesday and Saturday.

Great. GO.

How is a Brownie Like a Great Story?

It has some crunch (obstacles and challenges) and some gooeyness (the plot holds together).
Sweet (romance) to be sure!
With plenty of surprises (from great characters) inside.

Oh, this is the kind of brownie I was thinking of. . .

Yes. Those are Oreos baked inside with an ice cream sidecar!
Mmmmmm.
Excuse me I have to go  eat  write now. Today's goal: focus on the crunch.

What do you think makes a good metaphor for storytelling?

1 comment:

Donna K. Weaver said...

*sigh*

Canday, your pictures are making my clothes fit me tighter. Just looking at them grows my fat cells. =D