Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fireworks!

What am I reading now?  Abandon (Meg Cabot)
Annd. . . what do I think of it so far?  Princess Diaries was fun and I'm a chick lit fan (Laughed all the way through Boy Meets Girl) and expected that type of voice in this book too. NOT! I'm curious if it will have funny moments or walk on the dark side. So far--dark side.

Fireworks!
I love July. Here in Utah, we get to do them the whole month. And this year we can do the aerial ones. I know other states have always used them. We did in Colorado where I grew up. So it was fun last night to watch the guys at our house run out in the pouring rain and light fuses. Then we all looked up (yes, rain splashing in our faces) to watch the colorful explosions.

Deanna and I also started sending a few queries for Wish Thief. And it's kinda like fireworks. We light the fuse and look up. So far, we've been rejected a couple of times, and had one other agent request a full manuscript. We're hoping to have a blast. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Carlajo said...

Keeping my fingers crossed and making unstealable wishes for you!