Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dancing with the Pen

What am I reading now? 
Heist Society (Ally Carter)

Annd. . . what do I think of it so far? 
Read it--read it.
I really enjoyed this book! Kat is easy to love. She's smart (smart-aleck). She's talented (a gifted thief). She's committed to family (except they live apart, have a falling out and she hates her cousin). See why I love this book--she's just like the rest of us--kinda sorta.



Dancing with the Pen
Comparing Dance and Writing

     • Body (form, strength, line) -----> plot
     • Action (streams of movement) -----> scenes
     • Space -----> Setting
     • Time -----> Pacing
     • Energy (tension, force) -----> character relationships
I'm going to add social. I know you can dance by yourself, but much of dance is about how dancers interact with each other.
     •Social -----> Author/Reader Connection

No comments: