Friday, June 24, 2011

Writers' Picnic

What am I giving away now? The Chosen One (Carol Lynch Williams)

Annnd. . . what's the blurb?  Thirteen-year-old Kyra has grown up in an isolated community without questioning the fact that her father has three wives and she has twenty brothers and sisters. Will she question it when a marriage is arranged for her to her sixty-year-old uncle?







To enter the drawing:
1) Be a follower
2) Leave a comment
3) Check back to see if you win

Deanna is also giving away books this month--click HERE to pop over and enter there too.

Writers' Picnic
Had a great time Wednesday with other writers--not writing.
We had some great food to choose from (the plates were too little).
Then we ate and chatted.


And the kids played.



Great times!

4 comments:

SaMarenda said...

Sounds like an interesting book!

Liz said...

What a life, I would like to learn more about how she handles it.

Donna K. Weaver said...

It was so fun! I took some pics, too, but I've got to get my youngest to surrender my gizmo that lets me get the pics off the memory card.

Thanks for doing so much fun. You arranged the weather perfectly!

Nichole Giles said...

Fun stuff! Sorry I missed the picnic. I would have loved to be there.