Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Gardening!

What am I giving away now?
Around the House the Fox Chased the Mouse
(Rick Walton)
Annd. . .  what's the blurb? Under the fence, into the barn, out the window. . . this fun prepositional tale will be a hit with your kids.

Genre: Picture Book

To enter the drawing:
1) Be a follower
2) Leave a comment
3) Check back to see if you win

Deanna is also giving away books this month--click HERE to pop over and enter there too.


We Planted a Garden
Yesterday.
Can you name this plant? Here's a hint.
You only need one.

Right zucchini!




Kind of late (a lot) to plant, I know.

So we had to go the insta-garden route
and buy everything in big pots.


Still--I can't wait for the fresh salsa and all things zucchini.
Last year we had a full week where every meal had something zucchini in it. Shrimp and Zucchini? Yup, pretty tasty when deep fried in hushpuppies.


We put a few pretty corners in too.

To win Rick Walton's book
1) be a follower
2) leave a comment
3) check back to see if you won

8 comments:

Liz said...

We love Rick Walton's books at our house.

Mrs. Dean said...

Looks like a cute one!

Natalie Barton said...

Rick Walton has such great books! I know my class would love it!

SaMarenda said...

Another fun book! Giveaways are such fun!

Russ, Jenni & The Girls said...

Looks Cute!!

Mama's Boys said...

Yea! A Rick Walton picture book!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Those olive thingies were really good tonight. Really woke up my tongue! =D

Ruth J. Craddock said...

Never heard of him, but I'm still new to the world of children's books. My son use to only use books as blocks or projectiles. Finally at 4 he's asking me to read him a story at bedtime. I'm so happy; I was worried my son would be like his dad, a non-book lover.