Sunday, June 12, 2011

Do you love caprese salad?



What am I reading giving away now? Wrong Number (Rachelle J. Christensen)


Annnd. . . what do I think so far what's the blurb? Is it just a prank or should she call the police and tell them about the strange phone call she received on her way to work?
The body is
          •in a manhole
          •on 33rd
          •Tidmore did the job
This is the fun-chills kind of murder mystery where you are left thinking--yeah, it could happen to me.
Genre: Romantic Suspense

This is a signed copy.  I really enjoyed this story--hope you do.

Do you love caprese salad? 
YES!
My daughter showed me a picture of an individual caprese salad
made in a roma tomato. 


Here's my innovation on that idea.





Olive-Caprese Salad

Cut 2/3 of the way down a grape tomato.

Slice small sections from string cheese.
 Cut basil leaves into ribbons (Yes, it looks like I'll cut my finger, but honesty it is just a poor camera angle. No cooks were injured in the photographing of this salad.)
 Assemble basil around the cheese and stuff into the tomato.
Arrange on service platter with your choice of olives and sprinkle with olive oil.

Impressive huh? And it's easy.
Bon apetito!

Put your name in the drawing to win WRONG NUMBER:
1.  Become a Follower of my blog. ( If you are already a Follower, you can skip to the next step)
2.  Leave a comment.
3.  Check back to see if you won or to sign up for other book give-aways.

More Books to Win
Click here to go over to Deanna's Blog. She's having a Summer Book Party too.

6 comments:

Gayle said...

It's been a while since I've read a mystery -- this sounds like a good one!

I have never had this type of salad -- it looks yummy (and very impressive!).

SaMarenda said...

Sounds like a good one!

Andrea Campbell said...

Another to add to my list to read. It is growing quickly this month! ;)

Melanie said...

I was looking for the perfect food item to bring to a "faerie picnic" and I think I just found it! Thanks, Canda!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Wow. I shouldn't visit your web just before bed.

Shelly said...

The book sounds intriguing and the Caprese Salad looks simple, fun and yummy. I'm in.