Friday, April 29, 2011

Pitching

What am I reading now? Shadowspell (Jenna Black)
Annnd. . . what do I think so far? I enjoyed the first in this series Glimmerglass. It got **** from me on Goodreads. I bought this right after it came out but haven't rescued it from the nightstand waiting-to-be-read-stack because of the deer/elk/hart on the cover--unappealing. Pick it up--put it down. Pick it up--put it down. Over and over. The deer probably means something. I'll be watching for that.
         I'm four chapters in and it's just starting to get good with Keene sneaking Dana out to Kimber's party. Of course Ethan will be there. Oh, and the Erlking is in town marauding around. Is he really there after Dana? I love the questions you have when you start a new book. Did one of the Faerie Queens recruit him to get rid of Dana? What's up with her aunt too? Is Dana going to hold it against Ethan for betraying her, or will she choose goose bumps and breathy kisses instead?

Pitching




No, no, no--not pitchy!
Pitch-ing.


Next weekend Deanna and I are attending LDStorymakers Writing Conference. While we're there we'll be pitching Wish Thief to Sara Crowe. New experience for us. We were trying to prepare for it last night but . . . since we've never done it or heard about it or seen it done, we didn't even know what to do to prepare. We'll be doing our homework this week.
Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Taffy said...

I FINALLY got my query letter worked out (thanks to my one of critique group) and will take it with me in my pitch. I feel way more confident now! I've already planned my outfit too LOL. Business casual.

Renae W. Mackley said...

Definately wishing you some good luck. I've only done this once so far. My suggestion would be to have a few people read/listen to you say your pitch in advance so it doesn't sound so foreign or uncomfortable. If they have comments, great, but take them with a grain of salt. You are the one who has to feel good about what you say.