Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Twinkie Goodness Cake

What am I reading now?  Iron King and Iron Daughter and Iron Queen (Julie Kagawa) as quickly as I can devour each.

Annnd. . . what do I think so far?  At first, I was disappointed with Iron King. Seemed like a lot of the same old same old faery lore. But when Meghan travels with Puck to the Summer Court the story gets much more interesting. Enter dark, brooding Ash. Beautiful, alluring, enemy Ash. It's the kind of romance that goes from don't-do-that, to oh-how-nice, to train-wreck and yes-you-should-have-known-better, over and over.

Twinkie Goodness Cake
Hmmm--it's been a while since I tempted everyone with a bit of sugary happiness.
Here's the photo journal for this one:
It looks like an ordinary strawberry cake. Right? Right. Like it's made using the directions on the box. Not even frosted. Boring.

But--looks can be deceiving.

When you slice into it, you find that it has Twinkies baked into the middle of the cake. Surprise!

Finally I served it with (low sugar) whipped cream and sliced, macerated strawberries. Like this:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

6 comments:

kbrebes said...

Canda!!!! I am so gonna make this for Activity Girls!!! Thanks!

Gail said...

i finished the Iron Fey series. It was good but I don't think it is something that I'll read again. Your cake looks so good.

Rebecca said...

My daughter would love that cake! Sweet and pink--her favorite!

Renae W. Mackley said...

Thanks for tempting me. LOL

Shar said...

So where is the recipe?

Canda said...

I made a regular box cake mix. Put half of it in the bundt pan, push Tinkie Bites into it. (Regular sized twinkies also work--use 4 or 5) Cover with remaining cake batter. Bake according to box directions. It's kind of sweet so I don't frost it, just serve with whipped cream and macerated strawberries (2 boxes, sliced and mixed with 3 tablespoons of sugar and let stand for 20-30 minutes for the sugar crystals to dissolve) on the side.