Thursday, March 31, 2011

No Spoilers Here

What am I reading now?  Possession (Elana Johnson)

Annnd. . . what do I think so far?  Vi is a free thinker in a society that determines everyones choices. She knows the rules--and breaks them anyway. In the park after dark? Check. Walking with a boy? Check. Kissing Zenn? Check. And that little mistake leads to meeting Jag and _____________ with him. The society has Thinkers who direct citizen choices to ensure everyone obeys. Talk about control issues (ha--the original title of the book). Vi and Jag ____________ together. Their talents __________ and lead them to find _____________. You'd think that was a good thing, usually is, but this time it is soooooo not! Vi and Jag, ________, ____________ and __________ to stay _____________.


Hmmmm. . . okay I really can't do this without using spoilers. So just buy the book when it comes out on June 7th and we can chat.

A couple of things I can say are:
•Love Vi's snark
•Starting at about page 100, I could not put the book down.
•My favorite line in the book is the last sentence of chapter 30 (LOL!!!)
•The ending haunts me.

Do you read books on Kindle?

Yup, I do. 
No I'm not a traitor. Yes, I should still be allowed to teach reading. No, my library card is not suffering from claustrophobia in my wallet and regularly sees the light of day. And yes, I get way more out of my discount membership at Barnes & Nobel than I pay for it.

So why do I read from Kindle? Well, it's like having a hundred books in my purse. My kindle is a FREE app on my phone. Recently I found out you can also get the Kindle app for FREE for your computer. Then you can order classic novels for FREE again! In case you want to check it out to see if it is something you'd like here are the links for Kindle apps:

To download Kindle e-books to your Mac click here

For downloading Kindle for your PC click here

There is even a FREE e-book on how to publish your story as a Kindle e-book. Click here to get it.

Happy reading!

3 comments:

kbrebes said...

Very Cool!!! I'm going to go get it now! Thanks, Canda!!!! (PS Can't WAIT to read POSSESSION!)

Valerie Ipson said...

Love the review! Can't wait to read it and fill in the blanks!!

RaShelle said...

Very excited for POSSESSION.

I have a free Kindle app on my phone and I enjoy it, too.