Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happiness with Amazon (yes, the big book-guys)

What am I reading now?  The Kiss of a Stranger (Sarah Eden)
Annnd. . . what do I think so far?  Oh. How. Fun. This is a Regency era romance. The book kicks off with the most eligible bachelor (Of course he's rich. Of course he's gorgeous. Of course he's sought after.) who kisses a humble servant to prove to a noble lady that he is able to swoon anyone he kisses. Yeah, it doesn't go so well, then the fun takes off. This book is loaded with awkward situations and laugh out loud moments. And since you want my opinion--yes, you should read it.

So, I decided to submit a novel, Wish Thief, to this contest in the Young Adult Category.
Round 1: They accept 10,000 entries.
Round 2: Then they narrow the list to 2000.
Round 3: Then to 500.
Round 4: Then to 100.
Round 5: Then to 6.
Then 2 manuscripts are chosen. One for Adult Fiction and one for Young Adult Fiction--who are awarded cash and a publishing contract.

Today the list was posted for which stories will move on to the next round. Many of my writing friends were buzzing about this all day, but I was so nervous I decided to avoid it. When I got home from work, I considered looking but cooked dinner instead. Then my curiosity got the best of me and I looked.

I made it into the second round.

I know there are still hundreds of people hoping their novel makes it to the third round, me included. I know it's a long shot. I know.

I'm still excited!
Here's a pic of my little corner of the list.

3 comments:

AmyJane said...

That's awesome! I can't wait to buy your book from Amazon and tell everyone who sees it that I know you! (Am I getting a little ahead of things? Maybe.) Anyway, good luck, that's so great!

Kaylie said...

Yay, congratulations!

Renae W. Mackley said...

Happy news indeed. Congrats! Take all the credit you earn and deserve and run with it!