Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mint OREO Truffles

What am I reading now?  Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Ally Carter)

And . . . what do I think so far?  This book is fun and light hearted. (And, she speaks parenthetically, so I'm a fan.) I read the first one "I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You" and decided to finish out the rest of the set. The series is about Cammie, who is a sophomore at Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a special private school for girls to train them to be superspies. They know a lot about poisons, surveillance and going undercover--but anything about boys? Anyone? Uh--no. They can speak sixteen languages but they can't speak to a boy. Ha! The next two are on the bedside table waiting their turn, too. "Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover" and "Only the Good Spy Young".

Have I shared anything tasty this month? No? Okay--here's one a friend sent to me. I made it and oooooh loved it. Hid them and ate them slowly.

MINT OREO TRUFFLES

1 (16 oz) pkg of Oreo Mint Chocolate Sandwich cookies, divided
1 (8 oz) pkg of Phildelphia cream cheese
2 (8 oz) pkgs Bakers Semi-Sweet chocolate chips

1.  Crush 9 cookies in food processor and put in a small bowl to use at the end.

2.  Crush the remaining 36 cookies in food processor and mix with room temperature cream cheese. Roll mixture into small balls and refrigerate for an hour. (This makes them MUCH easier to coat with chocolate.)

3.  Melt chocolate chips in mocrowave for 30 seconds, stir, 20 seconds, stir, 20 more seconds, stir. Let sit to finish melting. Dip balls into chocolate and lift with forks. Set on wax paper, sprinkle iwth reserved cookie crumbs, and refrigerate until firm.

By the way--these are much better the second day than on the first day. But really no one complained on the first day either.
:) Enjoy

No comments: