Thursday, December 9, 2010

Let's Do 'Launch'

What am I reading now? Matched (Ally Condie)
Annnd . . . how do I like it so far? Finished it in two sittings--kinda hard to put down. Okay, I didn't really try to but I'm sure it would have been. ;) Since I'm not a masochist I did the easy thing and satisfied my curiosity. Read. Read. Read.




I attended two launch parties for friends with new books out. Ally Condie's party was at the Provo Library with a packed house, standing room only.

Ally's book, Matched, was listed on the New York Times Best Sellers list for chapter books for Dec. 19th. Woohoo! It couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

So, have you read the book?

You should.

It starts off with wonder and adventure for a girl on the verge of adulthood. (And you know there is a 'but' coming) But she finds that the life she thought she would have, a life that would be perfect, isn't possible in her world. In fact, there are things she discovers and mysteries that change who she thinks she is, who her family members are and how she fits into her society. No spoilers here. Read it.

Also, Cheri Chesley had the launch for her book, Peasant Queen. This is the next book on my bedside table.

What is on your list to read next?

5 comments:

Cheri Chesley said...

Woohoo! I'm next :)

I really want to read Matched. Getting there, when I have time to read again.

Melanie said...

I just finished it, too and really enjoyed it. I looked for you at her signing but I went to the other one. I bought two copies and gave the other one away on my blog.

Next on my list: Where the Mountain Meets the Moon and Jonathan Franzen's Freedom.

Valerie Ipson said...

Last night I started Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford. I can tell I'm going to like it.

kbrebes said...

Sounds like a great book, Canda!

Renae W. Mackley said...

Just checked out some audio books from the library--ones a Mary Higgins Clark mystery--but haven't started any of them yet. Matched sounds great!