Thursday, November 18, 2010

Guess where I am?

What am I reading right now? Knight Angels: Book of Love (Book One) Right--try googling that name when all you know is the second part of the name. :-*
Annnd . . . what do I think so far? Jury is still out. I'm using a Kindle app on my phone to read it. There are four POV characters and I'm turning pages about every two paragraphs. I think the story is just at a point to take off though--the Angel of Death showed up.

Okay. Let's play a game. I'll show pictures and you can guess where I am. Ready. Go!











Do you know? Here's another clue.













But then we went here:










And here, too. :) Oh my gosh, the Harry Potter ride is AWESOME!

















I am attending The National Conference for Teachers of English conference this week. The first two sessions started this afternoon. The best thing happened--Shar got seats for her and me at the table with Brian Cambourne!

If you would like to take a look at his foundational work for literacy instruction check this out:
http://www.education.com/reference/article/Cambournes-literacy-development/
(I'm not pushing the book advertised on this page, but it has a quick summary.) I'll post some of the gems I get at this conference.

P.S. It was 80 degrees, today.

1 comment:

Renae W. Mackley said...

I visited Harry Potters Wizarding World in August. Cool place but crooowded! Nice photos.